Thursday, November 15, 2012

Development of Concept Model

For this assignment, I was asked to choose the models that I liked the most out of the previous nine that I made and then combine them.





After I did this, we were asked to make the model to scale and put it in our site so that we could start analyzing it according to our programs and the views.


After I decided where I wanted to assign the main spaces in my hotel, I made a new model since the previous one was still too abstract. In order to take advantage of the nice view,  the guest rooms will face the Brooklyn Bridge. The spa will be located in the first floor and it will have its own entrance. There will be a terrace next to the restaurant, and the pool will be located next to the passage that connects both sites.

1 comment:

  1. This is a good process that you have worked through. The final model with the program over it really helps to show the program within the forms. The movement of the guest rooms down to the top of restaurant bridged these two bases over street. There is a fluidity that was missing during class on Wednesday that now is resolved.
    Start working to scale in plan, section and massing. Think about the materials - solid vs void. vertical circulation

    ReplyDelete